Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Does Lady Gaga Owe Unpaid Wages?

     Lady Gaga's former assistant, Jennifer O'Neill, has filed suit against Lady Gaga for unpaid wages.  O'Neil alleges that she is owed 7,168 hours of unpaid overtime pay, amounting to $393,000.00 based on her annual salary of $75,000.00. 

     In response to the allegation, Lady Gaga has filed a 200 page witness statement, where she called her former assistant "a disgusting human being," and states that she does not believe her former assistant is owed any money.

     In a legal document, Lady Gaga stated "[O'Neill] thinks she’s just like the Queen of the Universe. And, you know what? She didn’t want to be slave to one, because in my work and what I do, I’m the Queen of the Universe every day." 

     O'Neil claims that she had to virtually work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that she never got a day off.  According to Gaga, that is not her problem “You know, I did six shows a week and I make a lot of money.  I work.  I work 24 hours a day. I’m not [the one] standing next to [someone] holding tea, waiting for them to take a sip, that is not what I do. Not that people that do that don’t deserve their pay, but I’m just pointing out that I deserve everything that I’ve worked for.  I deserve every dollar of it.  And she deserves every one of her $75,000 that we agreed to. But she does not deserve a penny more."

     You can read the case here.

If you believe that you are owed unpaid wages, contact Ambuter Law for your free case evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment